Friday, June 13, 2008

The Gift of Praise

The gift of praise.

Praise the LORD from the heavens.
Praise Him in the heights above.
Praise the LORD from the earth.

From Psalm 148 … take a look at it if you can today … and let the Holy Spirit lift your mind and heart to praise.

I find in my own life a strange darkness about this. There are times when I don’t want to praise the LORD because I KNOW that it’ll take me out of myself, and there are times when I don’t want to leave!

But I find the words of praise, like Psalm 148, to always work their grace. My heart is lifted, if only for a moment; my mind is soothed and refocused, and it’s enough.

Remember - the LORD is at your side.
His eye is on the sparrow … and He knows the number of the hairs on your head … the God of the smallest detail, infinite and intimate … who one day took up a cross and crawled to Calvary for the sake of the world.

His name alone is exalted.
His splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

The gift of praise!