Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Thoughts

Sunday morning thoughts …

“Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”

To pray for the increase and spread of God’s kingdom … to make such a prayer the foundation of all other prayer – Jesus my LORD!

Every prayer hastens the day … every prayer strengthens the spiritual ligaments of creation … every prayer saves someone somewhere.

I find my soul too often ambushed by “practical” questions – “How does this work?” “When will it happen?” “What difference does my prayer really make?” and so forth.

Are these not the questions of Hell? Are these not the whispered doubts of the Snake in the Grass?

To pray for the increase of God’s kingdom … “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven,” that “Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end” (Isaiah 9:7).

“And all these other things will be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).

Jesus my LORD.