Friday, October 1, 2021

 Most every morning, before my prayer journal work, I say aloud: The LORD's Prayer, The Apostles' Creed, a prayer from The Book of Common Prayer (slightly modified), and the Hail Mary.

The first two, of course, were always a part of my growing up years, said every Sunday in church.
The Anglican Prayer added to my repertoire, and the Hail Mary, some many years ago.
I was long uncomfortable with The Hail Mary until I gave it some thought with a Rosary gift from the chaplain at Gethsemani Abbey, Fr. Matthew Kelty.
These traditional elements comprise, for me, a foundation - when all else seems fragile and fluid, or slipping away, I find these elements to be a reminder, an encouragement, to be steady ... or not to worry when my personal reservoirs of faith run dry ...
The mercy, the love, the goodness of God, doesn't depend upon me, though I'm a part of what God is doing. Not my decision, not my effort or faith ... but that of God. And all of it by grace.
π‘‚π‘’π‘Ÿ πΉπ‘Žπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ, π‘€β„Žπ‘œ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑖𝑛 β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘£π‘’π‘› ... 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 πΊπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ πΉπ‘Žπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿ π΄π‘™π‘šπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘¦, π‘šπ‘Žπ‘˜π‘’π‘Ÿ ... π΄π‘™π‘šπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘π‘¦ πΊπ‘œπ‘‘, π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘€β„Žπ‘œπ‘š π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘  π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘œπ‘π‘’π‘› ... π»π‘Žπ‘–π‘™ π‘€π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘¦, 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑙 π‘œπ‘“ π‘”π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘’, π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝐿𝑂𝑅𝐷 𝑖𝑠 π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Ž π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘’ ...
Sure, criticism abounds ... male language and such ... and I'm not blind or deaf to them ...
I say them, I would like to think, mindfully and carefully ... with awareness and sensitivity ...
And so it is, this day, Oct. 1, 2021 ... and God's Peace to all.



No comments: