Sunday, February 16, 2020

A FB Rage Page

Because I'm friends with certain types, got a page recommendation, so I paid a visit.
OMG, Rump.
White Supremacy.
LGBTQ hatred.
Obama hatred.
Now, with some folks talking about "getting along" with those of another persuasion, I'm clueless, I will admit.
Maybe a cuppa would help.
Some face-to-face.
But I don't think FB, or any other social medium can promote communication, or communion. Information, yes; encouragement, for sure. Friendship and hope, always.
I looked carefully over the page for any sign of decency.
Found none.
The writer is self-listed as single.
He's a guy.
His brain is awash with hate.
I quickly left the page.
It left me nauseated.
I keep forgetting how bad it is.
I think of our forebears and the question of slavery.
They fundamentally knew there was no compromise.
Either yes or no.
Up or down.
Paul the Apostle understood there could be no compromise with some elements.
So did Luther and Calvin.
So did Jeremiah and Micah.
Of our own nation:
Washington.
John Adams.
And Lincoln.
FDR
Johnson.
And with regard to schools, Eisenhower.
All were leaders of great mind and energy.
Striving to build the Union.
But understanding that some ideas were inimical.
Some would have been more than happy to dismantle the fledgling Union in order to promote their own interests.
Then, or now, States' Righters, and White Supremacists.
A few moments on that page was enough.

No comments: